FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I obtain a list of names and the contact information for Colombian companies that export the product I need?
You can obtain a list of names and the contact information for Colombian companies that export the product you need and accessing the Directory of Exporters on the Proexport Web site.
The search engine provides different ways to obtain the contact information of Colombian companies producing specific goods or services. You can enter the product’s HTS Code, select the sector to which it belongs or provide a precise description of the product. If you already know the name of a Colombian company producing the product you request, you can type it and click search to get its contact information.
How can I obtain a list of prospective buyers abroad for my exports from Colombia?
To obtain a list for prospective buyers abroad of Colombian products, please contact one of the representatives at Proexport, the agency in charge of promoting export activity by identifying new business opportunities and linking Colombian exporters with foreign buyers. To find a Proexport office near you, click here.
The Proexport representative in charge of the product’s sector will provide you with a list of foreign buyers and assistance throughout the sales process.
What is the name for custom brokers in Colombia? How can I obtain a list of them?
The official name for custom brokers in Colombia is the Sociedades de Intermediación Aduanera (SIAs). They will assist you throughout the export and import process in Colombia. To obtain a list, please click here.
Can I export vehicles to Colombia?
Only new vehicles may be exported to Colombia. Export of used vehicles to Colombia is prohibited under the Convenio del Sector Automotor Andino.
How can I learn about the different government programs promoting Colombian exports?
Contact a Proexport office near you.
In addition, the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism provides assistance for both current and future exporters through different programs, including:
- Zeiky, the Information and Service Center for Commerce of Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism. This center helps entrepreneurs evaluate their ideas, providing the tools for their development and execution in both the domestic and foreign market.
- The Ministry’s Call Center offers personalized assistance throughout the export process.
- Emprendedores Colombia- Cree en Colombia, Crea Empresa providesassistance for the creation of businesses aiming at both the national and world market.
How can I learn more about export procedures in Colombia?
The Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism offers guidelines for the export process in Colombia. Click here, and then on “Guía: Cómo Exportar en Colombia” to receive information on:
- Special agencies for the promotion and support of Colombian exports
- Preferential Agreements with other countries
- Step-by-Step Diagram explaining the export process in Colombia
- How to obtain a National Registration as an exporter
- The different export forms
- How to hire shipping companies to send exports abroad
- How to fill in the spaces related to the special systems in the Registration for Exportation
- Modifications of the Registration for Exportation
- Exports of products without commercial value
- Temporal exportations
- Highly Exporting Users (Usuario Altamente Exportadore-ALTEX)
- Exchange Regime for Exports
- Registration for service exports
- Coffee exports
How can I learn more about the import procedure in Colombia?
The Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism offers guidelines for both the export and import process in Colombia. Click here, and then on “Guía: Cómo Importar a Colombia” to receive information on:
- The different import forms
- Step-by-step diagram explaining ordinary importation
- Modifications to the import registrations and licenses
- Letters of credit
- Exchange regime for imports
- List of Capital Goods
- Products requiring the Ministry of Agriculture’s approval
- Mandatory and Official Technical Norms in Colombia (Normas Técnicas Colombianas Oficiales Obligatorias)
- List of Goods for Importation through INDUMI
- INCONTERMS 2000 Terms
- Territorial Directions and Service Centres Mincomercio (Direcciones Territoriales y Puntos de Atención Mincomercio)
- Registration of contracts for importing technology
- Importing samples with no commercial value.
How can I learn more about the process of investing and undertaking ventures in Colombia?
Coinvertir is the agency in charge of promoting and facilitating the development and consolidation of foreign investment initiatives in Colombia. It provides assistance to future investors as well as direct support throughout the decision-making process.
Where can I obtain information about the process for purchasing real estate in Colombia?
To learn about the documents and procedures for purchasing real estate in Colombia, please contact the Lonja de Propiedad Raíz of the city where the real estate you are interested in is located. The Lonjas are institutions that provide information on urban regulations.